Hi there, friends!
I know it’s been a few months, but I can’t tell you how nice it was to take a small blogging break while we welcomed our third son! Some of you may follow me on Instagram or Facebook, so this is old news. If you missed that memo, however, allow me to introduce you to our 3rd sweet son…
…Finn Arland Rush was born on February 10, 2016 at 9:55 in the morning via repeat c-section. He was 8 pounds 5 ounces and stole our hearts the first moment we saw him.
He is such a huge blessings in our lives! His big brothers absolutely adore him! It’s so hard to believe that he just turned 4 months old on Friday. He doesn’t quite look like he does in the photos above. Now, he looks more like this:
Later this week I’ll be blogging Finn’s 4 month update, so definitely check back if you are interested in reading all about what’s happening this month with our little peanut!
What’s new, you ask? Quite a bit, actually! This post has the potential to be long winded, but here’s a bulleted list of the important stuff instead:
- Jonah is THREE AND A HALF. Capital letters, because…HOW? He’s growing and changing so much you guys. I can’t even handle it most days. I can have real conversations with him. He’s a chatterbox, and oh so amazing with Luca and Finn.
- Luca is now closer to two than he is to one…which completely blows my mind. He is a big teddy bear…very cuddly, very sensitive, and also will be able to whomp Jonah in the next few months. They are only about 5 pounds and 5 inches apart in terms of size – so funny!
- I’m moving from 2nd grade to 3rd grade next school year and looping with my class! Having a 12 week maternity leave was amazing, but now I’ll be able to have my same kids again next school year!
- Things with my photography business have been great. Last year was my most successful year ever, and this year I have taken on 6 weddings which is the most I have ever done! I try to stay around 5 weddings a year with teaching full time and of course being a mommy and wife, but I took an extra one this year because the couple is as sweet as pie, and with having no paychecks this summer due to maternity leave, I figured it couldn’t hurt.
- I’m starting a (very small scale) new business venture in making custom T-shirts and other handmade baby items! I’m running everything through Facebook at the moment, because like I said – it’s very small scale and right now I’m just doing what I can. I don’t have a lot of free time, but it’s nice to be able to make and sell a few things here and there when I can! If you’re interested in seeing what I’m up to in that department, check out my Three Little Gentlemen Facebook page!
I’ll leave you with this information for now, friends. I’m so excited to be sharing and interacting with all of you again. It feels so good to be back!
Until next time!